spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, April 11, 2008 }

Two Things

 
1) If you can believe such a thing (I nearly couldn't), as of yesterday, my husband did not know what a deviled egg was. I showed him a picture and he assured me he had never eaten anything resembling that.

I made some today (just three eggs worth). I totally love deviled eggs, so it was no great loss when Drew only took one bite of one before declaring that he didn't really like them.

2) I am watching Miss USA right now, and it's the evening gown competition. I understand that in the realm of Miss USA, there are a lot of problems. But what I really want to know is...

Were slips specifically verboten? Because the first time I saw a woman clearly in need of a slip walk across the stage, I may have made some comment about how clearly they don't have mothers in her state given that apparently no one taught her about the importance of wearing appropriate undergarments on stage on NATIONAL TELEVISION. (Drew is playing video games and wearing headphones, so I mostly was discussing this with Mondale and the television... I may have gotten married, but that barely makes me any less of a cranky old cat lady inside.)

I mean, you've already pranced around in your bathing suit. We all already know how awesome your legs are. Now's the time for modesty. They're supposed to be EVENING GOWNS, which are not traditionally see-through. I understand, in some way, why you want a slit up to your neck on the side... okay, I totally don't, but whatever, that's not my point. It's not remotely classy to be running around in a SEE-THROUGH DRESS.

posted by mary ann 9:09 PM


spacer