spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, November 04, 2007 }

Saturday Night

 
Technically, Sunday morning. Em and I met up at like twenty past midnight and went out to the bar. Somehow, on her way to get a refill, Em got us invited to a party. The bar closed, and we went looking for an open eatery where we could a) get a snack and b) use the restroom and c) see if the party people called us back with directions.

Somehow instead, we talked to some random people on the sidewalk about random things until I realized it was three in the morning and I have no idea how long cabs meander around downtown looking for fares. I really did not want to get stuck walking home. So, we hopped into the next cab to happen by and came back here. I really, really had to pee by the time we got home. To the degree that it was pretty comical.

Once home, naturally, we got the address of the party by the time I had finally been to the bathroom, and we settled down for a minute. Clearly though, you can't say no to a party if you're wide awake at 3:30 on Saturday night. I drove since I'd had one and a quarter drinks since midnight and it was now after 3:30.

I stayed out 'til six in the morning at what was technically a kegger. It was pretty bizzare. There isn't anything too entertaining to report about the party. I hung out with a yellow lab named Bailey, worried about the girls who were wobbly drunk until I saw them get into a cab, and basically watched the whole thing unfold completely sober and a total stranger to all but once person in attendance. And not even an interesting stranger: with the wedding ring, the continual talk about home-buying and the sobriety and all.

But I had fun. And I only slept 'til eleven this morning. Because I was hungry nine hours earlier when we left the bar, and then I guess I forgot. By eleven am, I was starving.

posted by mary ann 10:11 PM


spacer