spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, November 07, 2007 }

Random What-not

 
Getting a new boss is a lot like starting a brand new job. And that's probably enough work talk for this space.




I need a damned hair cut. I mean, I needed one in August. I've now reached the point where if I pull my hair straight it comes past some of my waistbands. I love my hair dresser, but I keep only remembering to make an appointment when I'm in the car. Hopefully I will make an appointment soon and then I can lose a few inches.

Speaking of making phone calls, the iPhone is very useful. And the headset is remarkably good for using while doing anything. I have tiny hands, so the typing goes pretty well. The big downside of the iPhone is that it is really, really hard to place or receive a phone call while driving. Because there aren't any buttons, so you have to look at the screen and press just the right spot... which is a very hard thing to do if you're driving.

I guess I'm not supposed to complain about that, but I totally do use the headset when I'm driving. You know, if I can successfully manage to connect a call.




Today when I came home from work, I noticed that Isis hadn't finished his breakfast. Then Isis showed me how somehow Mondale's food bowl had gotten tipped onto its side in the doorway of the giant tupperware where he eats. I was worried that the cats were cooperating in some way, or that Isis had somehow figured out a trick to get at the dry food.

Then I found out that Drew underestimated Isis's tenacity and just hadn't put the dry food far enough back into the contraption. I was really worried about finding another alternative way of getting Mondale's food to him and not the monster cat. Because Isis is not as fat as he was, but he's still really big. And Mondale seems to be allergic to all blends of all foods except the one he's getting. (We reaffirmed this when I went to the pet store and bought the wrong variety of the same food he always eats and then all the hair on his chin fell out. The vet confirmed that this was an allergic reaction. And then Drew bought the right food and the hair grew back.) So, that would've been a real challenge.

posted by mary ann 11:17 PM


spacer