spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, November 24, 2006 }

Dodging Bullets

 
This afternoon, I walked... really really far, up a hill, to talk on my phone. As I was getting out of sight of the house, I heard a scuffling noise in the woods. I pulled out my camera and started using the zoom like binoculars.

Then I remembered that, oh yeah, it's hunting season and it was just as likely to be a person with a gun as it was to be a fuzzy animal.

This when I began to sing, loudly, to myself. Because I was wearing a brown jacket and jeans and my hair isn't *that* different from a deer's.

When I got back down the hill and I told my stepfather where I'd had to go to get reception (he seemed to think halfway up the hill was enough), he said "If I'd known you were going that far, I would've put an orange hat on your head."

Then Mom said she tries not to walk too far away from the house just in the yard during hunting season.

So, it seems that my instinct was correct. I was not an idiot singing off key in the woods scaring off all the wildlife...

posted by mary ann 11:01 PM


spacer