spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, September 27, 2006 }

So Strange...

 
Tonight I made a quick run to the grocery store for some basics that we'd run out of since the trip the boyfriend made by himself on Sunday. It seems 100% whole wheat bread and Gatorade are more popular than anticipated.

Anyway, I went to the store. And... there was no music playing. Nothing was coming over the speakers.

I love the music at the grocery. It's almost as good as the muzak at Frisch's. Frisch's sounds like the muzak version of what that site looks like. But no! There was nothing to sing along with and dance to!

Maybe I extra noticed because I read Why Moms Are Weird this weekend and there's a whole thing with the music at the grocery in there. (It's a really good book, by the way. I even liked it better than Why Girls Are Weird.)

But I do normally sing quietly and dance, uh, probably rather noticeably, at the grocery. It's the only thing I really like about the grocery store: inoffensive, upbeat, out-dated pop music. And tonight, when I went to the Bad Fry's (it's closer but the selection SUCKS and the layout is all weird. The point of a giant chain grocery owned by Kroger is to make one feel like Arizona is not actually a different planet from my old Kentucky home), there was no music.

Would anyone else be bothered by this? Would you even notice?

posted by mary ann 9:59 PM


spacer