spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, December 11, 2005 }

My Finger is Numb

 
I spent five hours today driving around this metro area talking on the telephone. Ellie and I had the loveliest conversation. When we lived together, we spent so many nights hanging out at home (or a bar) talking forever, and it had been a long, long, long time since we last just chatted.

I had to stop once for gas and then after I finally went into a store, after five hours on the phone, I lost the signal. I was supposed to be Christmas shopping that entire time. I had to stop again on the way home from the store because I had an urgent need to pee.

And then when I was almost home, my sister Shelly called and I lost her in the parking garage, but she called back. And so then I talked for another little while on the cordless phone.

And now my throat hurts and my hand might never recover from its hours and hours in the claw position, but I have to say that I am a much happier Mary Ann. Ellie and I talked about boys and work and the summer camp where we used to be counselors and it was so nice. I really have missed endless conversations like that.

posted by mary ann 7:44 PM


spacer