spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Saturday, December 10, 2005 }

Boat Parade.

 
Tonight we hit Steady's company's Holiday Party. We arrived late because I couldn't (and still haven't) locate my brown closed-toe heels. I thought maybe they were in the car, since I took off my shoes the minute we got outside the door at my company's holiday party last weekend. They weren't.

So, I wore my brown clogs. With a super short dress that ydelek and I picked out in a frantic day of shopping. My high school boyfriend decided, I think with one day's notice, that we were going to the Valentine's Dance at his school. And ydelek and I picked me out a very plain, really short, brown dress and some gold glitter tights. And roughly ten years later, that's what I wore to the holiday party.

We cut out early because we wanted to see the boat parade. It was pretty entertaining. We watched from the bridge. There was just a tiny bit of order to it -- the boats seemed mostly to know where to go, although some of them veered off the path and nearly into each other. It appears that anyone who had a motor boat docked at the lake just got drunk while covering the boat in lights and then they all set out together cheering all the way.

There were also fireworks. They were supposed to be at the conclusion of the parade, but instead they started while the last couple of boats were still on the other side of the lake. So, we watched the fireworks and we watched the boats and I stood outside at night in December in a tiny dress, tights, and a cardigan and was not really very cold at all.

posted by mary ann 9:30 PM


spacer