spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Monday, October 24, 2005 }
 
We made it home from JournalCon just fine. The drive contains about four hours of this:

DSCF0537

Oh, and someone asked me about the round agricultural feeds they'd seen from the plane. I paid attention and I can tell you why now. They have these things, I don't know if they're for pesticides or water or both, but they are basically two poles connected by a bar that runs the radius of the field. The bar has hoses dangling down. The outside pole goes around the edge of the field in a circle and the middle pole just twirls and then the hoses get everything. That is why the fields are round.

The cat spent the evening howling at us about the great injustice of us leaving him.

I'll try to pound out an entry about the whole JournalCon thing tonight. Everyone was very nice and I think it went really well. I wrote an entry when I arrived, but it was mostly "I'm here. Humidity makes my hair big.", so I'm not too upset that it seems to have disappeared.

I'm tired and I'm sore. But I had fun and Steady had fun and now I have to go to work...

posted by mary ann 8:19 AM


spacer