spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, May 24, 2005 }

Books

 
In a completely bizarre turn of events, I have somehow taken charge of waking us up in the morning. I'm not sure how that happened, but I am now waking up and harassing Steady awake.

We've been walking lately, but this morning we decided that after five straight days of Extreme Heat Warnings, surely the pool would be a bit warmer. We were right.




Let's do a quick round of "What has mary ann read lately?" because that might be a little bit interesting...

The Girls' Guide to Hunting and Fishing was a plane novel purchased in an airport. So, it was really fluffy, and I didn't always feel like it was completely making sense. It's not a terrible book. The reviews make it sound much better than I thought it was though.

I was luckier on the way home, Portland's airport has a real bookstore (Powell's) and I got to pick out a real book, Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress. I really enjoyed this book... it was so much fun and really well written.

Tales from the Scale came next. This was one I had planned to read, and it didn't disappoint. I've never been on a diet, but it's a really well written, entertaining book anyway.

And last weekend, I read Microserfs. This was a book Steady bought, and as the entire time he was reading, everytime I would ask "How's the book going?", he'd reply "I think you'll like it." So, I read it. It was an interesting story, but we both agreed that it started better than it ended... it just got bogged down in all this terrible philosophy.

So, that's what I've been up to lately. It's too hot to do much more than wake up early, work, read, computer, and watch Manny go.

posted by mary ann 7:38 AM


spacer