{ Thursday, April 28, 2005 }

Bad bad day.

I got out of bed at 6:45 in the morning. You may want to note that that is more than an hour earlier than I typically get out of bed on a weekday, and roughly three hours earlier than I would like to get out of bed on a weekday.

It was also about ten minutes later than I'd wanted to leave for work. Happy morning to you, mary ann! I made it out the door by ten of seven. I was at work at 7:20 am.

I still had to buy breakfast of doughnuts and orange juice. Also, find the location of the meeting... the one I was, you know, in charge of. I made it there with a dozen doughnuts and half a dozen bottles of orange juice from the 7-11 across the street promptly on time (and before any of the attendees).

Have you ever asked yourself... "Self, if a couple dozen bees suddenly emerged from the bathroom ceiling at work one morning, whose problem would that be exactly? Who would handle that?"

In my office, as it turns out, the answer to the question is "Mary Ann. Mary Ann is most certainly in charge of taking care of it when a couple dozen bees come streaming from the ceiling in the bathroom."

It was a really long day. A really long day involving me actually saying "No. He's here now. He went to go put on his bee suit and then he's going to come back up here and take care of the bees in the ceiling. If this doesn't fix it, he says we'll have to call a bee keeper."

You should know if you didn't already that I work in an office in an office building in the middle of Phoenix Arizona where I mostly push paper all day long (I am really good at pushing paper, and I like it. You might think that's tragic, but with civilization in its present state, I really am blessed.). Not really the place where one expect bees to emerge from the bathroom ceiling fixtures like the light socket is a clown car.

I left work at six pm, loads of work left to be completed. I started trying to leave at five, because I was supposed to go to dinner at Steady's grandparents' house at seven. By the time I left, there was no way I was going to make it home and to the dinner.

And since I am suffering from extreme exhaustion and also look like ass (more on that in a minute) and I started my period today and the swarm of bees in the bathroom (some of them got loose. I killed four in my office and the hallway immediately outside of it.) nearly caused me to develop a nervous disorder and I had a doughnut for breakfast and nothing else all day and a quick survey of "What I HAVE to do tomorrow" left me concluding that I should start mainlining coffee now to get up the energy for all that and also that maybe if I work all day Saturday and Sunday I can get the normal things done that aren't part of a giant urgent project but are still important and... oh my... this is all one sentence....

Steady went by himself is all I'm trying to say here.

Let's talk about my face for a minute, shall we? I have an idea! Here's a picture of my face right at this moment. With notes! We're getting fancy here on mary's little life.

Wait! First let's do a before. This is the least blurry picture I took of myself when I was preparing to head to get my new license. Let's all remember that this is how pretty I actually am, and also what I looked like as recently as Saturday.

I look human!

And now, this is what I actually looked like when I arrived home today.


As you can see, it's been a very rough week.

posted by mary ann 6:58 PM