spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, March 23, 2005 }

The Cold

 
I am sickly. I'm now on the tail end of the cold. This is the part with the coughing.

My coworkers inititally diagnosed me with allergies. Just to show them that I do not come from a family that's allergic to the air, I gave my cold to Steady. In order to prove some point about the effectiveness of zinc, he's already recovering.

So, I don't have much to tell you right now...

The cat is currently throwing some sort of a party under the bed to which all of his toy white mice were invited. For whatever reason, the cat only really loves the white ones. He'll chase a grey one, but he won't carry it around or play with it on his own.

"MEEEEEEEEEOOOOOW. RWAAAAAOOORR!" scuffle, shuffle, CRASH!
"MEEEOW"
"Please don't cry."
"MEEEEEOW" BANG!
"What? What do you want? Stop crying. I am right here."
"RWAAAAAAOOOOOR"
"Seriously, if it's that horrible under there, come out."
"MEEEEEEEEOOOOOWRAAAOOOOOOOOW!!"shuffle, shuffle, THUD, scuffle, shuffle."
"No one is hurting you. Please stop crying."
"MRROOW!" a strange tugging sensation on the top of the mattress where I am laying "RWAAAAAOOOR!"
"Are you stuck? I'm not coming under there to help you. The claws are retractible."

When Isis was a tiny kitten, he used to get stuck to the carpet. It was the funniest thing in the whole world, next to his tendency to unintentionally get stuck in the trash can. We had hardwood floors all over the apartment, but there was a big, burber area rug in the living room. He's come tearing down the hallway, hit the carpet and just freeze in place. Then he'd scream until someone unfastened him.

"RWAOOOOW! MRRRROW!"
"You're making my head hurt. What do you want from me? I'm not coming under the bed to play with you. Knock a mousie out here and I'll throw it for you."
scuffle, shuffle, CRASH!"MRRRRAAAAAOOOW"
"Do you cry like that all day long when I'm gone? What do you want from me? Are you hurting the suitcases under there?" Bang, smack!, shuffle "Please stop."

So, this is my life, I have a cold and I am trying to reason with sixteen pounds of orange fur while he screams at me and his toys.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The Fine Print:

2004: "I checked the bottle, looking for some sort of "in case of adverse reaction" instructions, but there aren't any." In which I forget that I have astoundingly sensitive skin that reacts poorly to most bath products.

2003: "Many thanks to Writer Guy and Waste for their efforts to remove me from the nice cold tile between the toilet and the wall where I had passed out cold."

2002: "He was kind enough to stay on the phone with me and keep me awake all night. Like from 12:30 - 6:30 AM. I am so grateful."

posted by mary ann 7:12 PM


spacer