spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, December 19, 2004 }

Rabbit Hash The Movie

 
I've written about Rabbit Hash Kentucky many times. It's my favorite place. I've long held the belief that whatever peace there may be in the universe can be found on those banks of the Ohio River.

My fascination with the town is legendary. I once drove to Rising Sun Indiana to look at Rabbit Hash, since I'd spent all those years in Rabbit Hash looking at Rising Sun. It makes me so happy to take a new person there (say, my little sister, Nikki, or Paul) and see them get it.

Frankly, the only person I've ever taken there who I don't think got it was JV (I'll link to you when you update). And that really came as a shock to me.

I have one of the Rabbit Hash String Band's CDs. The place is just so amazing that you have to write bluegrass music about it, or if you're me that you have to sing along to bluegrass music about it.

Well, they've done gone and made a movie about it. Rabbit Hash: The Center of the Universe It has opened to rave reviews.

Yesterday I was on the phone with my sister...

"Do you know what premiers this weekend?"
"The Rabbit Hash Movie"
"You are correct!"
"It had better still be playing when we get home."
"I'm sure it will."

I am completely reasonably excited about this. It's been in the works for YEARS, and I love Rabbit Hash like everyone should love Rabbit Hash. Be looking for my rave review soon.

I do have one thing to say about the reviews I've read so far, and that is that the writers seem to be concerned that Rabbit Hash is going to be inundated with outsiders now. Clearly, the documentary does not mention that on a sunny day in the summer, every motorcycle in a three state area is down there.

They also don't seem to understand that visiting the town... there's not much to *do* there for more than twenty minutes if you can't sit down on the banks of the river and chill.




So, I haven't been writing here. I've been sick. Stomach sick. It's not fun and you don't want to hear about it. I've also been searching for Christmas presents and I can't write about those because I'd ruin all the surprises.




What else? Had a good date last night. Nice boy, can keep up his end of the conversation and even managed to make me have to stammer and think quite a bit. We're going out again tonight. It's a good thing.

The Fine Print:

2003: Uniforms at work.

2002: Another entry about nothing.

2001: "I have so much to do I could sing a song about it. It's that bad."

posted by mary ann 1:36 PM


spacer