spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, May 04, 2004 }

Something Funny for You.

 
Tonight Ellie watched the news. It's not something she does too often, because she finds it very, very aggravating to learn about what's going wrong in the world. I came downstairs just as it was ending...

mary: Do you know what kind of gas mileage a U-Haul truck gets?

Ellie: How bad is it?

mary: The website says 10 miles to the gallon. Over about 2,000 miles, that's like $400 for gas.

Ellie: That's horrible.

mary: Yeah it is, my car is gonna be like 1/4 of that. Maybe less. I'll mostly be driving across the flat. Four hundred dollars. And it's much, much higher in Arizona than in Kentucky. And they say gas prices aren't going down anytime soon.

Ellie: I know. I just saw... it's because of the price of crass oil. Do you know how much crass oil costs now per barrel?

mary: crass oil?

Ellie: The stuff that they make gas out of. It's just getting more expensive.

mary: You mean crude oil?

Ellie: [laughs] That's one for the website. [obviously joking] Stupid asshole oil. Crass, crude. This is why I don't watch the news. I don't understand what they're talking about.

Okay, well, we thought it was hilarious...

posted by mary ann 8:54 PM


spacer