spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Monday, May 24, 2004 }

Apartments.

 
I have a home! It's a nice little one bedroom apartment. It's basically empty, but it's mine.

I managed to find two thrift stores, and one was having a 50% off day. I got myself two pots, a pan, two forks, a butter knife, two plates, a cup and a trashcan. That's the complete total on my housewares for now.

I also bought some clothes and hangers, and the dress I got is totally cute and fits me really well, except that the person who owned it before me added a couple of darts in the bust and I'm going to have to remove them before I can zip it up. Something's too small in the boobs, but fits me everywhere else. This is an entirely new experience for me.

I got to the grocery store and got some food. I also got a pillow (forgot to pack one), and a clock radio. And a few books.

In all that shopping, I did not find an ashtray. I don't know what to do about this. I honestly don't remember ever purchasing an ashtray... I think all of mine used to belong to restaurants. Where does one buy an ashtray? For now, I'm using the pan from a frozen vegetarian lasagna.

So, I spent my second weekend here laying on a sleeping bag on my living room floor reading nonsense. And shopping.

I still have the cough, but it's getting better. I am beginning to find my way around and I barely got lost at all this weekend (just once and only for like 30-40 minutes). I have a "home" and that just makes so much difference in my attitude about this whole moving thing...

posted by mary ann 9:40 AM


spacer