spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, June 01, 2003 }

Kind Thoughts Appreciated.

 
My Uncle Bernie is really sick. They don't know what's wrong with him. He's weak. His blood counts suck ass. He's been in the hospital since last weekend, but I just learned about this. He was in Sweden or Switzerland I forget which because I'm a basketcase right now earlier this month and they don't know if he picked something up there. Mom hasn't been told yet that this isn't related to the Hepatitis he's had for much longer than I have been alive. They just don't know what's wrong with him.

Uncle Bernie is the closest thing I have to a father figure. Pick a father/daughter event. Bernie was the stand-in for my ever absent father. When I was in Europe when I was fifteen, my Uncle Bernie sent me a letter at every single destination along the way. He e mailed me almost daily in college. He's my mom's big brother and the closest thing to a real father I have.

And now he's sick and I can't handle this. I can't imagine how his boys are holding up, but I imagine very very poorly. Now I guess I know why I haven't heard from any of them all week.

I just saw him last weekend. He didn't seem sick then.

So, excuse me. I'll be the one over here in her computer closet worrying herself half to death until we know something. Keep him in your thoughts please.

posted by mary ann 6:13 PM


spacer