spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Saturday, January 11, 2003 }

Well Girl Gets Productive.

 
I am attempting to type this with a too large cat sleeping on my lap. I don't want to disturb him, but I just might have to... He's tried to make himself as small as possible so he can fit on my legs, but it isn't really working. We've had a lot of these attempts end in a disgruntled, rudely awakened cat on the floor when he rolled over in his sleep...

Anyway, I went to my appointment Thursday, but the guy I needed to talk to had to leave to care for his sick father. We've rescheduled for nine am today. Hopefully I'll be registered for classes when I get home...

Last night I made dinner, vegetarian Sloppy Joes and tator tots. The vegetarian Sloppy Joes were met with skeptisism by everyone who encountered them... first Ellie wanted to know if I just intended to eat sauce. Then Emma saw me cooking and asked if I was making two batches, one with meat and one without. Then Writer Guy came over after we had eaten and I offered him some and he seemed very confused. Once cooked, they were very well received...

I just used faux meat. No rocket science there. Ellie seasoned it and they were so good.

Writer Guy has been busy and I have been sick so I hadn't seen him since Sunday. Last night he came and fetched me, and we went to his house and watched a movie. He left me sleeping there this morning... I got up about half an hour before I had to leave to get the bus... so I cleaned his kitchen. I really hope he doesn't mind; I get kind of weird when people clean my stuff, but I thought the kitchen was pretty neutral territory... I also made the bed, but that seemed normal since I was the last person sleeping in it...

I got home this morning and the living room is immaculate. It's amazing how that happens overnight. I mean, the place was looking pretty bad when I left, but now it's clean. Which I guess means I ought to clean the kitchen now in fairness. I'll at least load the dishwasher before I leave.

Two clean kitchens in one day!?!! Can you imagine?

Okay, I have to go get dressed now....

posted by mary ann 5:59 AM


spacer