spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, January 07, 2003 }

Illness Strikes.

 
I feel like Death.

Last night I commented that I thought maybe I was getting a little sick.

This morning, I think I have the flu. Hopefully this is just a twenty-four hour thing. I heard a teaser on the news last night about some bug that's going around, but Ellie won't watch the news and I was too lazy to go upstairs and watch it by myself. I'm guessing that's what I have, but who's to say really since I didn't see the news.

Last night I watched as ElliesHusband scared the living shit out of my cat.

I know, we've been over this, but I love my cat. Ellie doesn't want my cat in her room. I have no idea what she thinks he's going to do in there, and I don't even think he knows what he thinks he'll do in there, but he's fucking bound and determined to get in.

So, the cat and I are laying on the loveseat reading a book and Ellie and her husband are sitting on the couch watching the television. I'm petting my cat and pulling some other cat's claw out of his neck, asking him when he got into this fight... The cat gets annoyed and goes to get some food. He comes back out and wanders into Ellie's bedroom. Knowing full well that my cat is not going to react to anything but niceness with obedience, I sit in the living room and quietly call my cat back out.

ElliesHusband goes into her room (it's not their room. Their room is in his house. She just hasn't moved yet. We all know what a slow mover she is. Her rent is paid through the fifteenth and it is going to be very very ugly if she doesn't get out of here in the next week. Suffice it to say, I'm the only person whose parents did not pay her rent in this house this month and I am not going to be pleased if she pocketed the difference and only paid for half a month and tries to continue living here while I paid for the whole month... ), and I don't know what he did, but my poor cat went upstairs and did not come back down.

Her husband thought he had done a wonderful thing. Apparently they hate my cat a lot more than I previously thought possible. Either that or the man has some serious issues. Anyway, terrifying the bejsesus out of small animals is cool in his book.

I went upstairs and found my cat hiding in the back of a closet in Kristie's room. I picked him up and carried him to my bed. He didn't leave my side until we were downstairs. He got some breakfast while I smoked a cigarette and then I headed back upstairs because I don't want to make the pregnant Ellie sick. While I was down there I learned that my cat had pulled the screens off the front windows in an attempt to be let in.

If Ellie had her way, my cat wouldn't be allowed indoors. If I had my way, I wouldn't let the cat outside. But he'd be unbearably sad if he couldn't get out there. So, I let him out. I know, the fights with the other cats should be the least of my worries while he's out there.

Then she tries to make the cat go outside. He's standing in the middle of the living room... she doesn't wait for him to actually go near her bedroom door... apparently he's not even allowed to look in... and she goes and opens the front door. Well, he's not doing anything for her. He comes back and lays on me and then gets up and goes to the door and I let him out.

The moral of the story is that on many fronts I cannot wait for Ellie to move out. I'm sure she'll still be around enough that it's fine that she's leaving. But my cat really does deserve better in his housemates. And I am terribly ill with something.

posted by mary ann 9:56 AM


spacer