spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, January 22, 2003 }

Fucking Scary.

 
Last night, Ellie and I went to see "The Ring" at the dollar movies. I know, we were a little late to the party on that one.

That movie is so fucking scary. Seriously. We were both shaking the entire way home. Including both of us dropping our change on the counter while trying to pay at the gas station. It was so scary. I'm not one much for scary movies, but that one flipped my shit out. Kristie was pretty nice about it when I explained that I was going to have to sleep with her in her bed....

It was nice though to get out of the house, and do something sober for cheap. That sounds so silly, but if you've been unemployed for the last six months you could totally get why sober and cheap and leaving the house all come together to make a wonderful event.

The movies in Lexington, the cheap movies, are really still only $1 for an evening show during the week. Two dollars on weekends, unless you're under eleven, then they're still a dollar.... Cigarettes (Camel Lights) still clock in at under $2.50 at some places here. Ridgeways are only $1.59 for a pack, and they're good smokes. Harsh, but politically good. They're grown and processed and sold locally. No big tobacco for them. Just supporting the local economy. But they're harsh...

Yesterday Kristie asked me three times if I was going to go get a job with her today. I told her yes all three times. I'm not sure just what sort of jobs we might find exactly, but I'll take basically anything at this point. She prolly has more standards than I. She also has to run to her hometown today and I think I might be able to get a trip to my hometown out of that... then I could get this car stuff handled. So, I ought to go get dressed now....

posted by mary ann 7:46 AM


spacer