spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Monday, December 09, 2002 }

Stuff To Do.

 
Okay, I am poor. I am really fucking poor. And I went down to the unemployment office today. And I talked with them. And my last check is officially reported as lost. But I have to wait for my next check to have an income. That's late December. I'm not sure what to do about that.

Emma, Kristie and I are in the process of putting a whole ton of stuff up for sale on e bay. I'm working on a woven scarf that I think is going to be very cool when it's finished. I'll let y'all know when we've got it all up. Buy our stuff! Keep our heat on!

Glad my Christimas shopping is basically finished.

I drove down there. To the Department of Employment Services. In Emma's car. I was much less scared this time. I keep making myself drive because soon enough (provided I can swing any fees to get my transcripts from my first college) I'll have a car. I might not have gas money, but I'll have a car.

While I was there, I amused myself with the Readers Digest from December of 1990. No shit, the magazine was twelve years old. I had to sit and wait for more than an hour. But I learned what I came to find out about. I'm not thrilled with the answer, but I did learn what I came there to learn about. And I will be able to pay rent come January 1.

What else needs to be done?

My room has got to be cleaned. It's reached that point...

I need to unpack (I have been home for a week now).

I need to laundry in the worst way possible. Y'all I've got easily fifty pairs of underwear. Probably more than that. I've got four pairs of clean underwear left at this point. I've got to do some laundry. And there's no excuse not to do it. There's a washer and dryer and detergent and fabric softener and everything I need to do laundry (including a basket full of my dirty clothes) just sitting in the laundry room waiting for me to take some initiative.

I need to find a job. (Of course). My legs seem to be doing better so I think I am going to go begging for waitressing work tomorrow. Cause really, I can't be waiting for a paycheck to have an income at this point. I'm fucking destitute for two more weeks.

I need to finish getting my ass into college. A million years ago (okay, four years ago) I bet NotBoyAnymore that I could get him enrolled in classes in twenty-four hours. That was starting with the application. With no help from him. And I did it. I got parking tickets voided, transcripts released, applications delivered, and I had him enrolled in classes, with a schedule, in less than twenty-four hours. I also got paid $50 to do this (because it was a bet, afterall). I need to find that old initiative and get the ball rolling on myself.

Last time I talked to Mom she said "Maybe you can come up here sometime and help me decorate and get some of this car stuff done...". Which implies that I am really very close to having an automobile. I just haven't figured out who I am going to invite to my mom's with me. I think maybe the next time Kristie goes home (to Nothern Kentucky), I'll see if I can't get a ride from her. Emma's always up for a drive to Cincinnati, but I don't think she's up for anything involving my mother. I'll have to throw it out there around here and see who bites.

Of course, I don't know what all "some of this car stuff" really means. How much is there to be done? It's titled and all that. I mean, it needs insurance and registration before it can be driven. So, maybe that's what she wants to get done... insurance and registration. I didn't ask. I should've, but I didn't.

Okay, time to stop typing and start doing. I feel like I've already accomplished so much just by running that one (two hour long) errand...

posted by mary ann 3:33 PM


spacer