spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, December 01, 2002 }

College, etc.

 
Okay, I e-mailed my mother. I told her everything I knew about the local "career university". We'll see if she bites. I told her I could get back in for a class or two Winter Quarter and then wait for a Student Aid Report to enroll full time. I think that sounded totally reasonable. We'll see.

Last night... I remembered that my sister is the world's pickiest eater. We were headed out to get dinner. She said she wanted a "big burrito". So, we went to three different restaurants with "burrito" in their names. We walked in, she looked at the menus and we left. I've never actually gone into a restaurant, taken a menu from the bin, refused to let the hostess seat me, read the menu and left. But now I'm well versed in it, because we did it four other times before we found a place to eat. She had a big salad.

She is so scary to drive with.

"I think we already passed it."
"Please don't hang a U-turn in the middle of the block"
"What?"
"Please. Go to the light to... Oh My God!"
(We are now on the sidewalk on the other side of the road)
"What?"
(We are reversing off the sidewalk)
"Are we going to get out and see if Bub's bumper is still attached?"
"She's fine."
"Why didn't you go to the light?"
"Because then I'd have to wait forever."
"You deserve every ticket you get and then some."
"No I don't."
"Yes, You really, really do. Are you just trying to scare me so I'll give up and we can go get groceries and try to cook?"
"No."
"Sure."

It's so scary. So very very scary. I feel for Cincinnati (and Mom's Buick) when she gets back there for Christmas...

posted by mary ann 12:00 PM


spacer