spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, November 22, 2002 }

Not Tonight

 
I'm still in Lexington KY.

My flight was delayed due to the weather in Newark. I was going to miss my connection.

Now I leave at seven o'clock tomorrow morning. Ugh. But whatever, it was that or sleep in the airport in Houston. I will be sleeping on my sister's floor so I had a pillow and sleeping bag all packed, but I really didn't want to sleep at the gate in the airport if I could help it. So, I chose home and early flight. Emma came and got me from the airport. Tomorrow morning is a much better time for finding rides, anyway.

Bluegrass Airport is so tiny! I already knew that, but it was nice to be in an airport where it's possible to get turned around, but not lost. My bottles of Ale8 in the carry-on were not a problem. The personell were all so nice! Really! They were very eager to help me in any way they could and very frank about the connection situation.

I'm home for one more night. I talked to Mom and she was like "You're not sleeping tonight, are you?"... She hates flying even more than I do. She understands. But I'll be fine. This false start was probably good for me.

posted by mary ann 5:59 PM


spacer