spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Saturday, October 26, 2002 }

Isis and Communication.

 
I think my cat only uses his ability to meow as radar. He really seems to prefer to be within sight of a person at all times. When he can hear the people but he can't see them, he meows. Then say "Isis!" and he meows. Until he finds me. Same deal when I call him and he's outside, only I start the game "Isis!" "meow!" "Isis!" "meow!" until he's in sight and running into the house.

It's like a fucked-up version of Marco Polo.

If he's actually trying to tell me something, he claws something. I know that's a well documented fact about cats. They communicate through scratching. Isis does it very effectively. Or I'm a cat whisperer. One of those. There's a certain "I'm mad"clawing. An "I'm excited" method. A "let me out", a "Feed me!" a "No, Girl, Canned Food!"...

The thing I don't understand though is why he bites my face. He climbs up in my lap, rolls up into a ball, purrs, I pet him just like he likes, he purrs more emphatically. Then he bites my face. Not hard nomally. Just looks me in the eye and nips at my face. I know it's coming now when he locks eyes with me, and he hasn't succeeded in a long time...

What does that mean?? Why does he bite me?? Is that cat for "I love you"? Or "I'm in charge here"? Or what? Does he just have a personality disorder? Why does he bite my face when he's happy with me?

posted by mary ann 3:35 PM


spacer