spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, March 15, 2002 }
 
So, I found my second gray hair today. This is what I get for finally washing my hair (it had been in that ponytail for awhile) and wearing it down to work... The discoveries that apparently some of my hair is not going to stay flaming orange forever, and that I am in dire need of a hair cut.
I swear, I have better things to do at work that study my hair...

I found my first one when I was about sixteen. So, I don't think I need to run off and get myself some dye. They are both growing from behind my ears, under gobs and gobs of hair. You'd never know they were there if you weren't picking through looking at each hair.

Plus I think that with the white blonde hairs and the general fair-ness of my hair in general... that even if I had hundreds of gray hairs (who knows, I very well may already) that they wouldn't be that noticeable.

I am still considering dying my hair a few shades darker. I think maybe then I wouldn't look so much like I am twelve.

I just searched my archives, and apparently I didn't bother to write about when the nurse thought I was in middle school. The short version is that I was sitting outside of my little sister's hospital room one Saturday afternoon this fall... and the nurse came out and asked me if I was Nikki's friend or sister. I answered sister. Then she asked if I went to Nagel. Nagel being a middle school. I said, "No, I am her older sister.". So she asked if I went to Nikki's high school. I told her I was seven and a half years older than Nikki. She was shocked. Seriously. The woman didn't think I was old enough to drive, let alone buy alcohol or be finished with college....

Somehow I want to believe that it's the naturally light hair that makes people think that.... But I doubt I'll actually dye it.

posted by mary ann 11:07 AM


spacer