spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Thursday, January 10, 2002 }
 
Revelation! I should write down what I want to write about here. Then when I have time, the idea still exists. I added a coulmn to my To-Do Sheet for what to write. Payables, Receivables, Misc, Write... It seems to go well together. (This brings me flashbacks of my senior year in college. At my last advisory meeting, I told my advisor that I thought in hindsight that I should have majored in literature instead of information systems. He was very confused.)

Last night I talked to an ex-boyfriend. The one who was earlier referred to as BoyfriendFromHighSchool. I've decided that is a misnomer, since our relationship choked and gagged its way through much of my college career as well. Wait, mary ann, I thought you dated NotBoyAnymore through college. Well, that is also correct. I was with them both most of this time. I was really only with BoyFromHighSchool exclusively my senior year of high school. Hence, I think the relationship ended sometime early in 1997. The last time we hooked up was sometime in mid-1999. It was messy like that.

Anyway, he wanted to apologize for being an asshole while we were dating. The only time I remember such an event was when he told me that he only ever dated me because he needed to suffer for his art. Yes, he really said that. He is an aspiring writer/director.

We lost touch because he has some idea that I said inflammatory things about him to his girlfriend's little sister. That was two years ago. Truth be told, I really think I told her true stories of when I was the asshole. Whatever. I don't know. I made a point of telling him that I still did not understand why he got so mad at me and I don't know what I did and whatever it was I certainly didn't do it on purpose.......

So, last night we caught up a little bit. It was interesting on the most basic "where are they now?" kind of level. He's still with that same girl. She's a freshman in college now. As I recall, all the nonsense he got mad at me about stemmed from the fact that she's so much younger than me (to review I graduated college in May of 2000). He has a job. A far cry from the days of "If I can't hack it in movies, I'll starve to death before I am thirty because I can't work. I just can't have a normal job.".

Anyway, I was glad to see he had grown up so much. He is working on getting funding to make a movie this summer.

It was weird though. I feel like I have grown up so much more than that. It was a nice conversation, but there were many lulls. If you've ever talked to me, you prolly can't imagine that I knew what a lull in conversation *is*.

I told him that it seemed weird... the way we were talking. It was as if he had no personality. He promised to have some next time. There just wasn't anything left to say.

He used to be such a huge part of my life. We also used to fight like cats and dogs. It was always about how I was a manipulative bitch and he was a masochist for dating me. I'm over it now. Although he still contends that I am manipulative and have the power to make anyone I date miserable. The thing is, I just don't care what he thinks anymore. He's outlived his usefulness.


I talked to NotBoyAnymore's roommate last night. They still have the dog.
I haven't talked to NotBoyAnymore in forever. I've been trying to figure out if I could possibly cram going up there and seeing him into my weekend plans. I have to meet two sorority friends at my house Saturday evening. We're going out drinking and dancing. It should be fun. Basically that means I could go visit him Friday night into Saturday afternoon... or Sunday. I really don't want to do the whole wake up at 5:30 AM and drive back here before work on Monday thing though. Plus, I don't even know when he's busy this weekend.

So, to review, of my last three ex-boyfriends, I live with one and refer to him as Waste (to his face). I am sleeping with another, but he is avoiding the committment. The third used to hate me and never want to speak to me again, but for some reason changed his mind, but now I don't know if i ever want to talk to him again cause I just don't have anything left to say to him.

posted by mary ann 12:56 PM


spacer