spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, January 25, 2002 }
 
Okay, so $92.87 and $207.22 later... as though they knew I was not spending more on my rent than my utilities this month... I have a promise from each the gas and the water companies that my service will be restored. I have a promise from Waste to leave Landlord a message explaining that the gas thing was a clerical error and the water thing was a post office error (it almost was). And now the gas company has my $120 deposit.

I also have a promise from Waste to be home until ten PM. The gas people are coming sometime between now and ten pm to turn our service back on. If they don't make it here by ten, it'll be tomorrow morning between 8 AM and Noon. They have to come into the house and inspect and make sure that everything looks safe... and relight all of the pilot lights. Yes, that's right I have been given a 12 hour window of must leave someone at home for the gas company.

So, today I must pick up my paycheck and go straight to the bank. Cause let's face it, the last thing I need now is to bounce one of these checks.

What a crummy day. I think I might now be too poor to do laundry for two more weeks. Maybe I'll hand wash in my bathtub once the water is back on.......

posted by mary ann 12:12 PM


spacer