spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, January 16, 2002 }
 
I need to do laundry. Again. Already. I just need to get some work pants clean. The problem is really that one pair is at NotBoyAnymore's to be reclaimed tomorrow. Two pairs have been worn out to the point that they have been retired. I only have to wear dress pants to work four days a week. Taking three pairs of pants out of the rotation means the others get dirty *really* fast.

So, this morning I got up and had to find clean clothes. I went into the closet. I came out with a skirt I purchased at the thrift store when I was a waitress and had to wear black pants or a skirt everyday. The skirt still has food on it from the waitress gig. That job ended in November of 2000. The skirt was also missing a button. It was missing this button when I purchased it. That was definitely when it was still warm outside during the year 2000. Oh well. It was better than any of my other options. The cat hadn't slept on it. It didn't smell. I had hose and shoes and a blouse to wear with it. When I put it on, I was reminded that this was a skirt intended to help me get tips, not look professional. It doesn't even come down the my fingertips. Tights it is then.

I arrived at work and my boss seemed to think that this skirt constitutes being dressed up. He suggested that perhaps I had a job interview today. I am wearing almost no make-up, I think my hair screams of "I'm making almost dreads"... It's a dirty, mini skirt held together through the miracle of the office supply.

Yes, that's right, I tried packaging tape at home (I was too lazy to unlock and open my jewelry box for a pin). It failed me by the time i was out of the car. I was the first one in this office today (annoying male coworker is always late and takes 1 1/2 hour lunches everyday) so I stapled my tape down to the skirt. It seemed easier than trying to staple the skirt closed.

Oh, and my nails look like Hell. Apparently I cannot sleep and wear nail polish simultaneously. I can, however, climb a mountain without chipping my nails.

Oh, I taught the cat to play fetch. More on that later.

posted by mary ann 8:24 AM


spacer