spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, December 04, 2007 }

Oh, hi!

 
Wow, I really disappeared, huh? Oops. I have pictures for some entries I had planned to write that I just sort of... didn't. I might though!

Hey, guess what? Em is a blogger! Go tell her to forget about the furniture and open a damned window. That's what I told her when she emailed me that she thought she might rearrange the furniture. Again. You have no idea. But hopefully, she'll tell us all everytime the couch moves and then... well, you'll have some idea. Go read! I'll wait!

So, uh, I fell down and got hurt. I'll spare you the pictures I took of the horror show that was my left foot and ankle. I'm in a removeable walking cast at least until December 28. My foot has moved into a phase where it looks jaundiced because the bruising is fading. It's really awesome. I do have some semblance of an ankle back. Before I just had a purple horror show that did not look anything like a human ankle. Now I have what appears to be the ankle of my grandmother circa age 75 plus jaundice. Yesterday was my first day without crutches all day.

My mom was here. That was pretty exciting. She even got to see our annual, genuine rainy day in Phoenix. (I think that was "Fall". I'm expecting "Winter" to appear one week in January.) We watched the local news that night, and it took twenty-some minutes for the news to be anything other than weather related.

Since I last updated, we managed not to buy two more houses. That's seven offers written, three times in escrow, zero mortgages for us. We've yet to figure out what we're doing wrong except only wanting to buy houses that are owned by crazy people who don't actually want them to sell. I keep threatening to call the paper about the nice newlywed couple with all the qualifications to really make the most of this buyer's market business who keep not getting houses.

And tonight we went out for Middle Eastern food and then gelato and then the used record store. It was a very exciting Tuesday.

posted by mary ann 10:00 PM


spacer