spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, July 29, 2007 }

The Last Three Weeks

 
I stayed gone a long time. Like, almost the whole month. Oops.

To recap:

My friends moved here! It's very exciting. They're fairly settled in to their apartment, and so far the heat and the monsoon haven't sent them scurrying back to Kentucky.

The wedding is planned, but preparation continues. We went to pick up the invitations yesterday, but the reply card envelopes said I was MaryAnne and also didn't have our apartment number on them. We got proofs of the invitation and the reply card, but not that one envelope. Oops. So, now we have to wait for those to be reprinted. But, we did take one to the post office to be weighed and buy the postage. So, that's progress.

And otherwise, things have mostly been pretty quiet. Isis is losing weight! He's down 2 pounds according to my very scientific method of carrying him while standing on the bathroom scale, and then making Drew read the number. Then I weigh myself and subtract. That scale is fairly inconsistent, I can weigh two pounds less if I just stand closer to the front of it, but whatever, last time Isis and I got on the scale he only weighed 23 pounds. That's progress.

My plants underwent something of a trial by fire this summer. I didn't take them inside quite early enough, and the heat got them. A couple of them are total losses, which is really a shame...

posted by mary ann 2:37 PM


spacer