spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, June 19, 2007 }

Geez!

 
A root canal went bad. I have an abscessed tooth. I have another appointment about it on Thursday, twenty miles from here, past where I used to work, at eight am. My new dentist is much, much closer, but the old dentist apparently is going to repair this at a reduced cost. That's what the new dentist lead me to believe.

I've had five dentists since moving to Phoenix. You'd think with all of this attention, my mouth would be straightened out by now. I suspect when the new dentist called the old dentist, the old dentist was like "The little red haired girl who spent the entire summer of 2005 in my office? One of those million root canals I performed went bad? Well, odds were. You really lucked out getting her for a patient. She's pretty pleasant when she's in pain, and her mouth is a goldmine. Yeah, send her my way. I probably owe her."




House: The seller did not come down on the price. No house for us. We've resolved to wait six months before trying again. It's too emotionally taxing to go through right now.

Good news: our apartment had not been rented, so we do still have a place to live. We turned in notice because our options were to pay the ridiculous month-to-month rent for a month or more depending on if we got the house or turn in notice and take our chances on the odds of getting the house versus the odds of them renting our aparment, and we took the chance. We won. Sorta.




So, since all the bad news with the house and the cancer and the whole mouth thing came down, Drew suggested the bookstore. I have to say Wicked was just as good as my mom said it was, and anybody out there by Marian Keyes was also a delightful read. The last book I grabbed off the 3 for 2 pile at the bookstore (when we went there Drew parallel parked wonderfully in one try and I was quite amazed. I cannot do such a thing in my much smaller car.) Right, the third book is a memoir of something, I like to pretend that reading technical non-fiction a third of the time is good for me in some way that random novels are not. I'm sure I'll get to it soon.




Can you tell that I had the better part of a bottle of champagne this evening? I feel like I did pretty well with this update, considering. Also, my fucking mouth hurts.

posted by mary ann 10:47 PM


spacer