spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Saturday, November 18, 2006 }

New "Pets"

 
Today the boyfriend and I went to the Science Center.

It wasn't too exciting. We played with things. I'm apparently not so science-y. My astonishing failure to grasp anything having to do with physics caused me to accidentally fire off my dominos backwards in the middle of making a course. Because I forgot that dominos don't care which end you think is Start. It's too bad I didn't get a picture of my boyfriend's face when he saw how confused I was by that turn of events.

And I had just finished designing my river when a very small child and her mother started playing in the sand. So, I didn't get to turn on the water and watch my river go, because I didn't want to screw up their fun.

Way up on the fourth floor there was an enclosed ecosystem containing shrimp and algae. I was inspired.

Yeah, tonight instead of going to the mall and buying new jeans (which I need. The one pair I have that isn't obviously entirely too big are many years old.), I went to Toy R Us and got Sea Monkeys! Sea Monkeys on the Moon if the box is to be believed.

There are no obvious "monkeys" yet, but I am sure they will be very entertaining. The boyfriend has never raised Sea Monkeys before. Comments so far have included "Are they plants?" "You really want a dog, don't you?" and "Did you buy those so you could write a blog entry?" ("These are going to be good for way more than one entry. These are a narrative.")

So, Day One:

Day One

Day One - from above




Overheard just now "Mondale, what do you think? ... Oh yeah, you don't."

posted by mary ann 11:03 PM


spacer