spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, November 01, 2006 }

The Halloween Costumes that Weren't.

 
I had the quiestest Halloween ever. We didn't buy any candy because we've never seen a child in this apartment complex. And we were right, there were no trick-or-treaters here.

Somehow I got through the entirety of Halloween without eating any candy. Not even at work. Very strange. I did think ahead about what I would wear if I heard that dressing up was the thing to do at the new job. Thankfully it wasn't.

Things I could be that are fine for work using only clothes, shoes, make-up and accessories I already have plus hairdos that I know I can manage: several variations on hippie, a Catholic school girl, literature's Dorothy Gale, someone from the 80s, and someone headed to the disco. I'm pretty sure I could pull off Pippi Longstocking and Hester Prynne as well for under $5.

I really don't dress in concept on a day-to-day basis. Honestly. I kinda did in high school, but not now. The reason I dressed bizzarely to go to high school had a lot to do with the dress code. It was restrictive. And so it was not terribly unusual for people to subvert its spirit by coming to school looking... ridiculous, but in clothes that totally fit the letter of the law.

The reason I have so many costume-able clothes in my wardrobe? I think it has to do with the sheer bulk of my wardrobe. It really is a bit out of control. But what would I part with? I wear all of it, even the sweaters. I need all of those sweaters (including cardigans, there are probably 35 sweaters) because sometimes I go places that are cold and I need options!




This has been Day One of NaBloPoMo. Come back tomorrow for more babbling from me as I try to actually produce 30 entries in 30 days like I used to do every month back in 2002 when I was unemployed.

I found a use for my extra hour today. David's blog went down for no discernible reason. It's back and better than ever.

posted by mary ann 6:58 PM


spacer