spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Thursday, April 20, 2006 }

Sugar

 
I've probably mentioned this before, but I've gained as many as fifteen pounds since meeting Steady. At the get-go, it had a lot to do with the amount of eating out we were doing. Since Christmas, I've managed to lose about five pounds by not eating everything on my plate at every restaurant we go to.

(The cats are playing together! Right now! Running and pouncing and stuff with their ears forward and no hissing! They're playing together! I'm trying really hard to not openly watch them, because then you know they'll stop.)

So, I have ten pounds to lose to get back down to my comfortable "all my clothes fit properly" weight.

And I know exactly what the problem is now that I've returned to my normal eating habits. The problem is sugared soda. I'm drinking it every single damned day and it used to be a very rare treat for me.

This morning I made a pot of coffee, because I've managed to get a minor addiction to caffeine and every day I think "no Coke today" and then my head hurts and I feel sluggish and I go ahead and get one. Today, I am having coffee and I ate breakfast (a peanut butter and honey sandwhich) and now that I've told the interwebs about it, hopefully I will not have any Coke.

Wish me luck! I shouldn't drink it anyway because it's no good for my bones. No good for my bones and this weight is making me sort of unhappy. I know that I am not fat at all, I just want all of my damned clothes to fit me again.

posted by mary ann 8:23 AM


spacer