spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, March 22, 2006 }

Snow? Seriously?

 
So, I checked out the forecast for our trip. There was... snow... on it. Snow. Seriously. Snow. I remember in third grade when it snowed on April Fool's Day and we read some poem (Robert Frost, I think) about it as my teacher tried to document that such things have been known to happen...

And now I have to completely revise my packing plan. I guess I'll have to carry my big heavy coat onto the plane. We had hoped for a rainy day while we were in Kentucky. Just a normal rainy day on roads that don't flood after a quarter of an inch. Instead, it seems we're going to get snow.

And you can say "at least it's not too cold to snow. That's when it's really cold.", but I grew up in Cincinnati and Kentucky where it doesn't get "too cold to snow" more than once a year and then I moved to Phoenix where "freezing" is not so much a literal term. "Snowing" is pretty much as cold as things get in my world.

Right now? I am wearing fleece lined pants and a fleece jacket. Inside my apartment. Because there's a slight chill in the eight am breeze coming in the open window (we slept with it open). It's 49*F outside. I have turned into a wuss where cold is concerned.

Snow. On the birthday party. And possibly on the trip to the zoo. Well, at least it won't be crowded...

I am so excited that I can't believe the injustice that is the fact that I have to go to work and actually get things accomplished today.

posted by mary ann 8:26 AM


spacer