spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, March 07, 2006 }

The Dog Track

 
Last night I made my first-ever visit to the dog track. I think it might be the single most defeated, depressing place in town. Once I got over the atmosphere, I did end up having some fun. I don't gamble, but Steady managed to lose nearly every race. The people we were with faired better. (They also tried to actually read the program rather than going along with my hodge podge of "Number Eight looks happy to be here. I vote for him." and "PunkinWoofer is a great name." and "I like this one's birthday.")

And from there to the bars and then at one in the morning we were going home and not tired and so we watched some television and the last thing I remember was giggling at two thirty in the morning. I suspect I laughed myself to sleep.

I don't feel as bad today as I should. I just feel as much like I am fighting off a cold as I have for the last many weeks.

posted by mary ann 7:43 AM


spacer