spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Saturday, July 23, 2005 }

Animals

 
Between me and the cat, the boyfriend occasionally mutters something about living with wild animals... I remembered this because I was idly trying to see if I could open my mouth wide enough to fit the width of the bottle cap from the juice in it, and when he asked me what I was doing, that is what I told him.

One night not too long ago, we were eating dinner at the coffee table when the cat hopped up there. Steady and the cat have this relationship... they seem to think they're peers. The cat throws a giant-assed party when he comes home and Steady talks to the cat like the cat comprehends and could answer.

So, he begins asking the cat, very politely, to get off the table. Obviously, this was pretty interesting to me, so I do not intervene. It went on for awhile, him pleading with the cat to get his tail away from our dinner and the cat sitting there, until finally I said "DOWN!" and knocked the cat on the ass, sending him onto the floor.

Later that same evening, we were hot. The vent in the television room was closed. We decided to open it. Steady walked out of the room for some reason after telling me NOT to climb on the furniture. Naturally, I hopped up onto the shelf conveinently located a step off the arm of the couch and opened the vent.

Since then, the mutters about animals have really increased...

posted by mary ann 10:43 PM


spacer