spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 }
 
Yesterday, I had to go and have three teeth "fixed" and one cavity filled. This meant spending approximately 85 minutes with my mouth open and someone's hand in it. It also meant eight shots of novocaine.

I could still feel pain from the drill. I couldn't feel my right eye; I couldn't feel my tongue; I couldn't feel my chin; I could feel the damned drill.

And so I sat, completely tense and sweating while the dentist said "I've given you so much novocaine. Just hang on one more minute."

So, around two pm, the numbing wore off and then I spent the afternoon in pain. It's not that my teeth hurt. It's that my jaw and my cheek are (still) amazingly sore. And so are my arms from the eon I spent grabbing the arms of the chair while the drill went at me.

For a really good time I get to do this all again on June 6 , only this time on the left.

posted by mary ann 11:50 PM


spacer