spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, September 07, 2003 }

The Recovery Continues.

 
Yesterday I managed to stay awake for over eight hours at a stretch. keledy got me chatting and the next thing I knew, it had been several hours since my last pill and I was still awake.

I found all the keys and put them back in the keyboard, excepting the "l" and the question mark. I'm sure they'll turn up.

I'm pretty nervous about going to work tomorrow. I have not yet ventured out of my own yard since Thursday because I've been so woozy on the drugs. There's a part of me that says "If you're not fit to drive, take the bus" and another part of me that's replying "If you're not fit to drive, you probably aren't fit to do anything at work."

I keep popping pills at the first sign of discomfort. Last night I tried cutting one in half and that worked okay for a few hours and allowed me to stay awake, but I had to take the other half before I could sleep. The bottle suggests that I take two at a time. That's what JV fed me when I was so bad off on Thursday and it knocked me so far onto my ass that I didn't wake up for more than twelve hours.

Tomorrow I guess I'll just take half of a pill before leaving for work, and then take the bottle with me. It's good being able to take a really small dose because that way I know that if it still hurts, I can always take some more without worrying about the timing.

Pills and water. Applesauce and pasta. That's my whole diet. Last night I put peanut butter on my pasta for dinner because I was convinced that I need more protein. It would have been better with some soy sauce, but we didn't have any. So, I ate spaghetti and peanut butter. I'm pretty sure that the protein helped me with my big eight hours of awake time.

I doubt I've ever been so hydrated in my life. I just can't stop pouring water down my throat. It really makes me feel better.

I have no idea what to take with me to eat for lunch tomorrow. I am thinking maybe I'll just eat tofu. I can cut it up and marinate it and bake it. I've been known to eat a pound of tofu just on its own as a snack. My mother is concerned for my vegetable and fiber intake and suggested I find some custard baby food. She probably has a point about the vegetables, but I don't think I can bring myself to eat baby food.

I have decided that today I am going to take a shower and leave the house. I haven't decided where I am going. Well, prolly just down to the store to buy some tofu, but I am going to leave the yard. I don't know if I'll be able to drive myself, but regardless, I have go to take a shower before anyone who does not live here can see me. I really, really need to get a hair cut before next weekend (when Shelly comes to town), but I'm not sure if I want to do that with my face all swollen and bruised.

posted by mary ann 9:11 AM


spacer