spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, July 29, 2003 }

And Then There Was Stress.

 
How did it get to being the twenty-ninth of the month already? Did y'all know the month was going by so fast? How could it possibly be that July is nearly over?

I have to be out of the old house by end of day on Thursday. Somehow all of my furniture magically came over here today. I'm going to guess that the movers couldn't be rescheduled. I feel a whole lot of guilt over this, because I didn't do my part.

See, all I needed to do was get everything clean and organized and know where it was supposed to go. And have space there. Instead... well... the mattresses I was sleeping on did not stay (they belong to Em's parents) and so someone (I hope to was Em) cleared off my bed. It had (as it typically does, really) a vibrator in it. I really hope her parents or some movers didn't come up here and find *that*.

Plus the furniture that they moved... like my dressers? So had to go in the other room, and were so completely full of clothes.

I failed. I thought they weren't coming today. Obviously they did.

But now I can stop worrying about that, it's over, and move on to the fun and excitement of moving the rest of my wardrobe (because there is more. I've moved the hamper and the laundry basket and the trunk and three dressers and all their contents, and yet, there's more. More than just hanging clothes too...) and cleaning the house.

I've been working a lot. About 110 hours in the last two weeks. I'll probably log that many if not more in the next two. I've taken on more responsibility permanently and loads more temporarily. I've been interviewing up a storm trying to get things settled. Twenty interviews in two days eats up a lot of time that I simply do not have in an eight hour work day. I did get a raise for all of this, and I am hourly. So, don't feel too sorry for me.

Plus I like my job a lot. I don't even mind the stuff that's only being thrown on me temporarily. I'm not crazy about being at work by seven am (ideally by 6:45, but that's yet to happen) six days a week, but we've got it worked out so I should be able to skip Saturdays. And I think I hired someone who can take over the seven am business. In another week, it'll all be fine.

Yesterday was really bad though, Mondays usually are. Today I was so residually stressed from Monday that I drank two cups of caffeinated coffee before ten am. I know that isn't that much, but it made me Super Crazy Productive Babbling Girl. I don't normally intake caffeine at all. I might sip on one cup of coffee all morning. I got a lot done while I was shaking and twitching, but man, I was not in control of my tongue at all. Or really, of myself all that much.

Trying to interview people while all hopped up was not very much fun. I'm sure it was fun for the interviewees, but seriously, you would've thought I'd OD'ed on Yellow Jackets the way I was scurrying about running my mouth constantly... It's not an experience I intend to replicate anytime soon. Coming down from that was pretty rough.

Actually, in another week mostly everything will be fine. Whatever will happen will have happened with the moving situation and things are bound to get more stable at work...

The new house is great, but it will be even better when we're settled. I know that some people move in a weekend and we've taken a month, and actually last time I took a month as well. The time before that, Waste and Lay-zee moved us in one day. I was in charge of buying the beer and supervising the packing and loading. I miss moving when it was like that (because this time was so hard with all the big furniture just magically appearing in our home).

Isis is pretty happy here. There are things to chase and kill, and we're here and basically that's all he needs. I think he was really happy to see my bed and dressers. He's been walking around jumping on them and laying down and batting at things lazily from the tops. He hasn't wailed once in the hour I've been home. I think he's happy to have his furniture here.

He'd be happier if I would buy him a window seat... he keeps demonstrating how desperately he wants one. Maybe for his birthday.

He got a bath last week. He loved the swimming parts at the beginning and end. He took the shampooing like a pro. He wasn't so happy about being splashed while trying to swim, but I had to get the soap off. He fucking hates towels. Hate Hate Hates towels. That was a challenge. The rest? Not a problem. I have such a great cat.

Otherwise I've been spending the hours that I am not at work and not updating this mostly just drinking and sleeping. Perhaps that's why I am so shocked to find that summer is nearly over...

posted by mary ann 4:35 PM


spacer