spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Sunday, April 13, 2003 }

The New Life.

 
I am so insanely busy these days.

The new job is going well, thanks. I'm a little bit over my head, but I have managed to figure everything out so far. I think I am going to be wearing the same five outfits every week from now until whenever I get back on my financial feet, and that might be awhile. I've been trying to do the math and it's really complicated. I really hope I can manage to rise to the task before me as far as this position is concerned.

My classes seem fine, plenty easy. I'm finishing the 100 and 200 level graduation requirements. I've been doing group work like I'm twelve years old again. Of course, I have an accounting three test Tuesday, we'll see how I feel about school after that. Or after a few weeks of fourteen hour days.

The cat hates me for being so busy. It makes him have to kill me birds. And jump on the counter tops. And randomly wrap himself around my legs (Isis doesn't do that like a normal cat. He does it like a child. Back feet on my foot, front paws wrapped around my leg, at least he retracts his claws...). And crawl into my lap and purr until he forgets he hates me and has to attack me a lot to make up for all the purring. I really hope he gets over this soon.

I talked on the phone with Writer Guy tonight. I was nervous and silly and babbling. He sounded genuinely happy to hear from me, but apparently his phone plan sucks and getting long distance calls costs him and arm and a leg. I think that's partially why he was so quiet. I called him. What? I hadn't talked to him in like three weeks. That's a long time. I do too have self control.

posted by mary ann 8:13 PM


spacer