spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Monday, March 17, 2003 }

Work.

 
I'm up, I'm showered, I have a green dress all picked out and ironed. My hair is drying.

Nine am is such a more reasonable time to go to work. Every job I've had from waitressing to the summer camp to any temp assignment I've ever been on has demanded that I be working at eight am. The extra hour is, so far, wonderful.

I haven't quite determined how I am going to go about parking downtown. I considered just taking the bus, but then I realized that would mean walking like six blocks in dress shoes. I have so much hope that I will find parking for cheap closer than that. Really, I have hope I will find street parking for free closer that that. And even if I have to walk just as far, I bought myself half an hour by driving.

I can always take the bus tomorrow if I realize driving isn't worth it. I think it is though if not for the less walking and more time factors than perhaps just for the "hour long lunch" that I've already been told I get. That's enough time to go home for lunch and make something. Even if I have to pay for parking, I think that'll make all the difference.

I'm working all week. Just this week, but all week. As a secretary to a law firm. I anticipate being very very bored today waiting for the phones to ring. I was told though that there is some small typing involved. This gives me hope of an internet connection. Since they asked about Word, I have some faith there will be a computer involved at least. I can play Solitaire if nothing else. It's really amazing how many companies have put me in front of a typewriter...

Happy St Patrick's Day!

posted by mary ann 6:08 AM


spacer