spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Tuesday, February 04, 2003 }

Caravan of Moving.

 
Last night we loaded up everyone's cars. Four little cars of moving. They were all past capacity. Ellie's stuff is like 95% out of this house now. Two bookshelves and some kitchen stuff and three tables. That's all that's left. And it's going today.

Then we came home and along the way I stopped and bought everyone chocolate cupcakes and milk to celebrate the moving. We played a hand of rummy (I won) and then went to work.

Kristie's bedroom is now where Ellie's room was. The kitchen table is in the living room. Bob the TV is in Emma's room (we each now have a television in our bedroom and no televisions elsewhere). The solarium now has Emma's desk and shelves. At least two couches are going upstairs, leaving the living room to contain the secretary, the table and a loveseat.

So, um, my roommates? Yeah they don't think my dinette set is ugly. It's teal vinyl and chrome or whatever from the 50's. I guess it has some appeal to some people, but I always just thought it was ugly.

Anyway, that's what we've been up to around here. A whole lot of furniture moving. Yesterday I went out and bought boring things like trash cans and a welcome mat. And I fixed the downstairs toilet. It's been several months that I've been waiting for someone else to do something about it. I finally took some iniative and now the toilet flushes without removing the tank. Woo-hoo!

posted by mary ann 9:43 AM


spacer