spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, February 21, 2003 }

Better.

 
My life is much better thanks. I slept in my own bed, alone, last night for the first time in seemingly an eternity. We still have power. My finger is all splinted up and doesn't hurt. I got a test back last night and I got an "A" on it. Atually, with the extra credit, I got 104%.

We painted some furniture last night. That chest thing that was kind of a dirty teal color; it sits in front of the loveseat in the living room. It almost matched the kitchen table, but now it's Barbie Pink. And I love it. It makes me giggle. We do have further plans for it beyond just painting it bright pink, but, for right now, the pink alone is good enough.

We did mix the paint ourselves. And we did paint it in the living room. And somehow we managed not to get covered in paint, not to let the cat walk through the paint and to not get paint on the floor. We didn't even accidentally paint the thing shut.

We did some other minor decorating to the living room furniture. We're this close to deciding on a color for the couch covers. And while I was in class, the paper towel holder and a thousand kitchen accessory hooks went up on the walls. Like there are pots and pans hanging on the walls. It's like a real kitchen.

Not having use of my index finger is an enormous hassle. Typing, writing, emptying my keeper, smoking, using a lighter, changing gears in my car,..... all huge hassles now.

posted by mary ann 8:54 AM


spacer