spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, January 24, 2003 }

Friday Five.

 
(holy shit! Three weeks in a row she remembers it... Wow.)

1. What is one thing you don't like about your body?

My ribcage is the easiest answer. It's shaped like a barrel. Somehow the thing is smaller around than my hips, but manages to be much much wider than my hips in profile. It's completely round and makes me feel thick. Plus the bottom sticks out in a way that I haven't seen replicated on anyone outside my family. I think it's just like a perfect circle or something.

2. What are two things you love about your body?

I love my legs. They're long (in terms of my height. Waste and my waists are the same height off of the ground and he's a foot taller than me. He's all torso, but you get the idea...) and thin and shapely and very pretty. If I have any luck at all, they'll hold up as well as my grandmother's did. These legs existed first on her body and they were still pretty nice looking legs right up through the age of 85.

I also like my boobs. I'm really very content with them. It's not that I like look at them and I'm like "wow, those are some great boobs", it's like I think about them and I'm like "there isn't a thing about them I would want changed.". They're small and perky and just right for me.

3. What are three things you want to change about your home?

Does it come in a self-cleaning model? Okay, if this were my house and I didn't have a budget... New windows! And add some insulation! And do something about the fact that there's a door on every wall of the living room.

4. What are four books you want to read this year?

I never have lists of books I want to read. I just let books kinda find me. So, I don't know. I don't really read systematically. I just read what I am presented with. All of it.

5. What are five promises you have kept to yourself?

I don't do much of this. If I decide not to do something, I don't promise myself I won't. I feel like that's just setting me up for failure. Most issues are cut-and-dry enough with me that I don't have to promise myself not to do it. Sometimes you can promise to do something? Well, I usually decide to do it. Do you see the difference? Between making a decision and following through and making a promise and following through? I just don't allow my emotions that much control over me. Promising yourself something sounds like a way to torture yourself with yearning to not do it to me. And frankly I trust myself enough to not have to make solemn vows once I've decided to do something. Plus I allow myself the freedom to be a dynamic person who changes her plan and her mind.

posted by mary ann 8:18 AM


spacer