spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Monday, December 30, 2002 }

In Which I Concede.

 
Unless I find someone to kiss at the bar tonight... which is highly doubtful.... since I intend to be subjecting the patrons to my rendition of "Copa Cabana" and also I think that might fuck things up a bit for WriterGuy and me...

I concede.

I didn't bounce any checks through a fault of my own (there was a bank error in September, but I have a letter on company stationary stating that was not my fault). So, I made one resolution from last year. And it was the practical one.

But I have almost officially only kissed eleven boys in 2002. Not twelve. Not the goal. Unless I get into some huge fight with WriterGuy or he dumps me in the next 27 hours, and I go make out with someone out of spite (or to have someone to kiss at midnight)... and that someone isn't someone who I know is a sure thing because I've already kissed him this year.... well, it's just not going to happen. With less than 30 hours to go, I am conceding. I stalled out at eleven.

There has already been a recount. A few actually. And there's no doubt that it's eleven. I'm not saying it's not possible that I'll find a way to pull it off (I'm thinking this might involve me wandering around with mistletoe and counting some small peck at the last one), but I am saying that I wouldn't put money on it.

I think that the goal was basically accomplished though. This whole thing was inspired by keledy... who told me at a swingset last Christmas "No more relationships. You don't need another boyfriend for awhile. I think you should just go out and kiss a bunch of boys.".... and I did that. Which was the point. The number wasn't the whole point.

That's not to say that I don't wish I had reached my goal. But I don't think I will... and that will just have to be okay.

I haven't figured out what my practical or silly resolutions for next year will be yet. I need to go dig up my list.

One night, three of my camp girlfriends and I were sitting around and we each made a list of "Things I want to be able to tell my grandchildren I did in my ruckus-y youth.".... it's like a 40x40 list really, except with more teenage rebellion and silliness thrown in. And I think I can find some resolutions on it.

posted by mary ann 5:34 PM


spacer