spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, November 06, 2002 }

The Stupidest Things Rust.

 
I want to know wht the buttons on my raincoat are not rust proof. I think it stands to reason that rain coats are going to get wet. Even the snaps. I don't know how old the coat is, but I feel like since it's still in one piece... and it still fits me and keeps me dry... That the snaps ought to work. At least that they shouldn't be rusted to the point where it's a tricky thing to button my raincoat.

I mentioned before, a couple weeks ago, that my alma mater spent $50,000 on a sculpture that they knew was going outside. Yeah, it's rusting.

And last night I had a date. Very nice boy. We can all hope he pops up here again. Particularly since I just realized I left my raincoat at his apartment. The one with the rusty snaps. So, I was at his apartment and this is probably the single most uninteresting thing that happened there, so don't go thinking that I am single because I go on dates and the most notable thing that happens is that I take the boy's toilet apart. But for the record, the toilet was running, so I took it apart. The problem? Rust related.

I want to know who wasn't thinking of rust in all of these cases. These are all cases where the object was obviously going to exposed to a lot of water in the normal course of use. Why then would you not use something rust proof? Is this a ploy to sell more raincoats and toilet parts? Why are these things rusting?

posted by mary ann 5:23 AM


spacer