spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Saturday, November 30, 2002 }

Slow Start.

 
Since Thursday's flurry of excitement I've been slow to get out again.

Yesterday, I read a completed NaNoWriMo novel. It was good and made me kinda sad that I didn't get to finish mine on time. I don't think I will abandon mine entirely though.

I also lied to my sister about whether or not I'd left her apartment all day. I was tired and sore and blah blah blah, I didn't feel up to braving a strange new city on the biggest shopping day of the year. So, I managed once more to not buy anything on that infamous shopping day.

Now I have finished the leftover Tofurkey and am aspiring to go out and find a few souveniers for people and some dinner. First I have to put my contacts in and get dressed. It rained last night and today here. I'm hoping that means some of the smog will go down, because I hear this place is pretty when it's not so smoggy.

I've now gone one week without cigarettes. I think I'm going to buy some to celebrate it. No really. Not smoking is not for me. I tried it. I did. I don't like it. I got past the physical withdrawal, and I still want to smoke.

I talked to my friend last night as he was out shopping with Apathy Boy. That was a little strange. He said they're expecting feet of snow in Cleveland this weekend. I'm sure Lexington KY will be snowless when I get to it, but I'm not sure how I feel about going back to the cold...

I think that's enough for this little disjoined entry. I'm going to go put my contacts in now so I can brave shopping. I really hate shopping you know... Hate it. Don't like the walking. Don't like the dealing with other people. Don't like the selecting. Don't like the standing in line. Don't like the spending money. There's nothing about shopping that appeals to me. Really.

posted by mary ann 4:21 PM


spacer