spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Friday, November 01, 2002 }

"I'm working on my novel"

 
"What's she doing up there?"

"I'm working on my novel! It's NaNoWriMo and I am working on my novel!"

"She's playing Solitare."

"I am not! I'm playing Spider Solitare. And working on my novel."

"She's been up there all day. She claims she's working on her novel. I checked on her earlier with a sandwhich and some water. She's playing on the computer."

"I'm not playing! I'm working very hard on my novel! And I wish you all wouldn't talk about me like I'm not right at the top of the stairs!"

"How much have you written?"

"That's not the point! I'm working on it."

"Do you intend to shower or brush your teeth or even change out of *my* clothes today?"

"Hey! I'd really like it if someone would bring me another beer and maybe some candy."

"You can come down here."

"No I can't, it'll wreck my concentration."

"Are you just about to write that all important first word?"

"I hate you. Will you bring me candy and beer?"

I am now 17 hours into NaNoWriMo. Word Count: 0, Money "lost" in Solitare: $285, Bitter roommates and houseguests: several. I'll keep you posted.

posted by mary ann 3:38 PM


spacer