spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Thursday, May 02, 2002 }

Leaving the Bus

 
BoyfriendFromHighSchool and I spent 48 hours on Greyhound busses each way to and from Coachella.

Miraculously enough, there were no screaming fights. No fights at all. Really. I couldn't believe it either.

When we got off of the bus at our final destination... his friends were there to pick him up and my friends were there to get me. It was so weird. So very classic middle school or something.

He was wearing black sweat pants and a black hoody. His friends were all goth. Black dresses, giant shoes, black hair all hanging long and straight.

I was wearing cute jeans and a purple t shirt. My ride (Em) was wearing a cute camp t shirt and jeans. We both looked like cute camp counselor girls.

Yeah so we get off the bus and suddenly it's 'you go your way, I go mine'. We didn't hardly actually speak to say good-bye. I'm sure they thought we were really... um... unenlightened? Is that what goths think of those of us who wear colors and frenchbraided pig tails and shit? And I for one thought they looked ridiculous running around in black dresses at the bus station at 5 PM on a Wednesday. Still though, I am sure that to the people who had seen BoyfriendFromHighSchool and I getting along so well all day long on the bus thought it was so strange when we disembarked and ran each to our "group".

posted by mary ann 2:17 PM


spacer