spacer
spacer
spacer



{ Wednesday, May 08, 2002 }

I fail.

 
Yeah so last night I went out drinking. I'm not sure what alternative reality I was existing in when I thought that was a good idea....

I had a good time and all.... came home around 4:30 in the morning. Normally I go to bed around ten. I ask people not to call after 11. So, two nights in a row with this middle of the early early morning thing.... bad idea.

I slept through my alarm this morning. This is sort of what I get for teaching the cat to hit the snooze bar. He's such a good cat sometimes.

I woke up at 10:15 because the cat apparently had given up on chewing on me (my left foot is shreds now. He tried really hard to wake me up) and decided that the appropriate course of action was to claw my eyes out until I woke up. Sadly, I am grateful to him for that.

I ran to the living room and checked... no one from work had called wondering where I was. Hrm. So, I called Female Coworker and told her I just woke up and I am sick and I'd be there within the hour.

Except that I failed the bus schedule thing again and I was going to have to take 1 1/2 hours to get dressed and get to work if I waited for the bus. Instead I rode my bike (in spite of my illness) and arrived at work in 35 minutes. I'm wearing the shirt I wore out last night and it smells like a bar, but I sort of in a hurry. I wanted to get to work before they knew I wasn't there.

Apparently no one outside of accounting had even noticed that I was missing..... so I got very very lcuky this time.

posted by mary ann 9:34 AM


spacer